Tuesday, April 18, 2017

#84 Taastrup


I am taking my talents too..... Well I am sadly peacing out of Slagelse and leaving the squad! And I got a lot more responsibility.... stay tuned!!!!! And Monique is getting baptized on May 13th!!!!!



Nykøbing Life!!



So we went on splits with the Nykøbing Elders on Monday and we had family home evening at the Johansens house. I met their son in the MTC who is on Iceland and their other son in Randers and their other kids in Odense when I gave the fireside! So it was way chill and Elder Dibble served there for 6 months so it was a good time! Then Tuesday we contacted and taught an older lady who said she would come to church after we had to explain to her about mulit wives #classic haha then we bounced back to the promised land of Slagelse! 



Slagelse Life



We taught Inga this week and she said she knows the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church but she won't get baptized again... we were way confused and asked her where the Dansk Folk Kirke got their authority and she said from a scripture in the Bible and we explained the laying on of hands and explained church. She called us Saturday night and said she would come but she never showed... oh well! I think she will be baptized this transfer. On Thursday Elder Beck gave his last District Meeting and it was the best district meeting I have ever been to! He put a chair in the middle of the room and said Jesus is sitting there and we had to bear our testimonies to him. One of the most powerful and spiritual times of my mission. We taught Monique in the room a couple hours after and the spirit was still thick! After District Meeting we had a district activity where we had a bonfire and bbqed some hamburgers! We also burned Burt! Haha it isElder Dibble and my teddy bear in the slagelse apartment which has been through a lot... haha! Got some pretty epic pics from it! Then we hustled to the church and taught Monique with William. Another highlight lesson of the mission. So we asked her if she read and she said she did and she brought up why did the spirit command Nephi to slay Laban. I went way hard trying to solve her concern reading the next verse how it is better that one man perish then a whole nation in unbelief.. Then how Soddam and Gommora was destroyed, the people in Noas day were killed... that wasn't sufficient enough... then i brought up how it was around the time of the law of Moses and Laban stole from Nephi and his bros and so buy the law of Moses he should have been put to death so it wasn't unrighteous at all. But that wasn't the answer she wanted either... So we said Isaih's words, Gods ways are higher then our ways. Then we dived in to the Plan of Salvation! It was way spiritual and we just emphasized Jesus Christ and his role in everything and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. After talking about the Atonement we read Alma 7: 11-16 which is a clutch tool of bearing testimony of the Savior, inviting to repent and be baptized and promising blessings. Elder Dibble asked if she would be baptized and she brought up her concerns which were the life changes she would have to make... Clutch that we had William there and he bore testimony how he is more happier and free that he is following the law of Chasity and the Word of Wisdom! Then she said she isn't ready to repent right now and that is where our training from zone training kicked in. And i compared to if my coach said i had a game tomorrow, I am out of shape I havn't shot a basketball religoulsy over a sister mission, but if my coach told me that the game is in 4 weeks and i could practice often, he would be there for me, I would play in four weeks. And we compared it to her baptism and she said yes for the 13th of May!!! After William said she posted on facebook how she just felt the spirit for the first time since China!! And at church I said I would see her at her baptism in a month and she got excited that I am coming back so she is getting baptized!!! Other highlights on Friday we had an easter American sandwhich lunch at Frank's house with two less active members so that was chill. And then we ate with Inga and Inge Liza who are the older ladies we were teaching! Then Saturday we played ping pong for sport because it was pouring rain and ate with William at a way nice Chinese restaurant for one last time!!! SO that was my last couple days in Slagelse!!!



Reed Erickson Round 2



So my new comp is Elder Brennin Erickson from North Ogden Utah and he went to Weber high. He wrestled and played football and we have served around each other a lot on our missions so we are pretty over tight!! And he has been out a little over a year. And the Zealand zones combined so we are zone lords over 36 missionaries!! haha it should be good!!!! We are way stoked! Our scheme is to build some zone unity because we have a huge zone and so that is what we want to focus on. Having everyone pumped for other people's succes and just baptizing people for days! And my home boy Elder Tyler Erickson is AP in my ward so it will be a good time!!! Our area is Taastrup which has the nickname of Bagdad haha! I saw and talked to more foreigners yesterday then my whole time in Slagelse! haha! Oh and I have to bike again so William, Elder Dibble and I had to spend like 2 hours unrusting my bike and getting the lock off because i thought i would never use it again.... So that was fun but I am way stoked to be with Elder Erickson!!! 



That is awesome you guys are tempel workers!!! Jealous!! Well that is all the wisdom i got for today. But I know Jesus Christ ressurected and he Lives!! And that his Atonement is Infinite!!! 



Elder Reed





























No comments:

Post a Comment