Monday, September 25, 2017

Last Letter...


YO I MADE IT!! haha last week and it will be a vacation with going to Copenhagen and seeing General Conference! And yea this will be the last time emailing.. i think i will have a little time next monday but not too much! 



So Jonathan is getting the Priesthood in two weeks and Nikoline is doing great! Arne is progressing! We taught him about faith this week and he really understands faith and how to build and develop his faith! he is like 70 so he is an older fellow. Mor told us to tell him he needs to get baptized soon because who knows when he dies haha savage mor... and i have a scale in svendborg and my bags are barely over 50 pounds so i will take some things out. Well i will send you my last letter to President O'Bryant



President O'Bryant,



Well I just want to let you know that my mission has really been the best two years of my life. My testimony has grown so much in Jesus Christ and his gospel and I would not trade this experience with anything! I guess I will share some memorable  spiritual moments of my mission with you and they all have to deal with the awesome people I got the opportunity to help teach and baptize.



The first story is Caroline. So I remember my first Sunday in Odense a member came up to me and said that a girl named Caroline is coming and she just broke up with her boy friend who was holding her back from the church so we need to have a lesson right now... So we taught her with two other members on the spot and Caroline told us she has one foot in the church and one foot out of the church. She did not know what to do. I remember I told her, well looks like we should all pray right now and ask God what you should do. So all five of us at the lesson knealed down in a circle each said a prayer one by one. I remember the spirit was pretty strong but when Caroline said her first sincere prayer, the spirit was so thick in the room. I never felt anything stronger. She asked if God was there and what she should do. Everyone was in tears after that and she got baptized a couple months later. It was awesome to help her a long her conversion process and see her testimony in Jesus Christ grow and grow. Some memories from that were that she bore her testimony before she was baptized and said that church felt like coming home for her and whenever she helped teach us after she was baptized and her telling the investigator how much joy the gospel brought her and that it was true happiness! 



The next person is Nadia. This was another insane miracle story. So in Odense we had an activity in the church every Thursday. We had our ward mission leader invite the ward via Facebook. There was one member in the ward that never went to these activities but he said he got the prompting to relpy and say he would not be attending because he was in Sweeden so random. Well, his neice Nadia saw the message on her Facebook because her uncle responded and that same day she found her old CTR ring when she investigated the church five years ago and her old Book of Mormon. So she took that as a sign that she needed to go to this activity. So she walks in all alone and none of us know who she is. So we talk to her and find out her dad is an inactive member and we ask if she wants to be taught the lessons. She agrees so we teach her two days later the Restoration. We asked her if she finds out the message is true will she be baptized. She said yes and she felt a calm peace ever since we sat down. The next day after church we taught her the Plan of Salvation and it was one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. Elder Keller and I were just testifying of Jesus Christ all through the lesson and we brought a new convert and she was bearing strong testimony and the spirit was so STRONG! After we asked if she got an answer from God and she said that she prayed the night before and just felt a super strong spirit. She continued praying because she loved feeling the Holy Ghost. I said well it looks like you got your answer and told her she prayed about a date and told her the 6th of August. Then her mouth dropped and said she had a dream last night that she was baptized on that day! We were all just feeling the spirit so strong and Nadia was baptized on the 6th of August. :D



William will be one of my most memorable converts. I love this guy so much! I remember when the sisters started teaching him that he was saying how he just did not have direction in his life and just seeing the gospel bring him happiness was so awesome. When Elder Erickson and I started teaching him, we became great friends with him. A way spiritual memory with him was when we were teaching him about the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. We were prompted to share with him the Mormon Message Dare to Stand Alone. After William says to us this is exactly what he needed because he felt so alone because he changed his standards and he did not want to be with all of his friends some influenced him to not live his life in harmony with the gospel. He said it was crazy how the Prophet gave a talk six years ago and what he said was exactly what he needed. I saw William a couple weeks ago at a baptism in Slagelse and just to see how happy he is from living the gospel made me so happy!



The next person is Monique. She is so awesome! She met the church in China while studying over there and felt the spirit really strong. When she came back to Denmark she visited the church once but then never got in contact with the missionaries. Then Elder Dibble and I got in contact with her and we taught her and she wanted a Book of Mormon but was pretty skeptical about the church. Then the second time we taught her we taught her the Plan of Salvation and just testified of Christ throughout the lesson. Again the spirit was incredibly strong. We got her on date and then the night a member told us she posted a post on Facebook that said I felt the spirit for the first time since China! So that was awesome! But her parents were not to glad for the church so we she never made her baptismal date. Then when I was in Fredericia last transfer I got a text from her saying that she went to Fest i Nord and that she felt the spirit so strong and that she always wanted to be baptized and asked me to baptize her! That was a great memory.



Jonathan is a young man of not too many words. But after his baptism he said he felt so much lighter and that was awesome to hear from him. Jonathan always lit up like a light bulb when we talked about the gospel. 



Anja was the craziest miracle story ever. It was Elder Wrights first day in the land when we get a call from Lan le saying she just taught her neice and she wants to be baptized in Denmark but she is leaving to Germany the next week so she would have to be baptized in two days. So we taught her and she really understood that she is a daughter of God! So she got baptized in less then 48 hours after we met her and there was definately a light shining from her eyes when she got baptized and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. 



Nikoline is the last one. She is a big testimony to me that people here are prepared, you just have to find them. She quit partying and drinking a couple years ago because she realized that it is pointless. She started investigating the church out of curiousity but then she got a testimony that the church is true! 



My mission will be a HUGE blessing on my life because it taught me that true joy comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and helping others repent. It set the tone for the rest of my life to always share the gosple with others and I know with all my heart that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true and living church. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He lives. Jospeh Smith humbly prayed that spring morning and saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and he restored the gospel of Jesus Christ back to this earth to bring us peace and happiness! I love this church and the gospel!!!! 



I LOVE YOU PARENTS!!! THANK you for making this missin experience possible!



Vi ses!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment